Employment Law Costs
Pricing for bringing and defending claims for breach of contract, wages or unpaid holiday claims, unfair or wrongful dismissal
Simple case: £3,000 – £10,000 (excluding VAT)
Medium complexity case: £10,000 – £20,000 (excluding VAT)
High complexity case: £20,000 – £50,000 (excluding VAT)
Factors that could make a case more complex:
- If it is necessary to make or defend applications to amend claims or to provide further information about an existing claim
- Defending claims that are brought by litigants in person
- Making or defending a costs application
- Complex preliminary issues such as whether the claimant is disabled (if this is not agreed by the parties)
- The number of witnesses and documents
- If it is an automatic unfair dismissal claim e.g. if you are dismissed after blowing the whistle on your employer
- Allegations of discrimination which are linked to the dismissal
There will be an additional charge for attending a Tribunal Hearing of £1000/£1500 per day (excluding VAT) if we attend. Generally, we would allow 3 – 10 days depending on the complexity of your case.
The above exclude disbursements. Disbursements are costs related to your matter that are payable to third parties, such as court fees and counsel’s fees.