Compliance with GDPR is an important requirement that needs to be adhered to. Failure to comply with GDPR can have significant financial implications for a company. The data regulator (the ICO) has the power to issue fines of up to €20m (£18m), or 4% of annual global turnover, whichever is greater. Orders can also be issued to ‘stop the processing of data’.
At Dumonts Solicitors we have an expert team that will help you lawfully mitigate any claims or administrative fines levied by the regulator. We can also help by putting measures in place to help prevent data loss and to safeguard your customer data.
Dumonts offer advice and assistance on GDPR including the following matters:
- Set up of data protection requirements within organisations
- As Principal Acting Officer for DPO
- Antecedent transactions, including preferences and transactions at an undervalue
- Representation for unfulfilled or part fulfilled Data Subject Access Requests (DSAR)
- Mitigation of administrative fines by the IPO