Paul Boyd is the Data Protection Officer and senior consultant in GDPR for Dumonts Solicitors.
Since 2016 Paul has acted as DPO for a large Financial Services Company in London with a turnover of £68 billion. He has created the programme team based in Luxembourg, Canada & London, consisting of business and technical Business Analysts as well as Legal professionals.
- Paul has worked closely with the Chief Data Officer to recruit the client’s Information Governance team.
- He has implemented a best of breed solution to manage Article 30 requirements (Records of Processing) and DPIA logging.
- Engaged with the senior leadership team including the General Executive Board in 40 countries to ensure that the GDPR programme had the necessary traction it needed
- Implemented a technical solution to handle DSAR requests within hours, not weeks which interrogates metadata on the corporate network, which is vendor agnostic
- Provided advice and guidance on all aspects of GDPR readiness and ongoing compliance.
- Initiated projects to remediate process and structure in readiness for GDPR.
- Provided consultation on business awareness, required process remediation to comply with GDPR.
- Appointed to lead 5 differing client GDPR requirements within automotive, oil and gas and banking & finance sectors